Wednesday 7 May 2008

26 days

I am a complete mess, disorganised, burnt from the merest glance from the sun and feeling disillusioned after a crappie mark for one of my write ups (how come in the presentation i did well??).
Monday, I was revising for part 1 of my interpretation exam and realised i was missing half my notes, once i had found them I then realised I had lost the notes that I had started off with, I removed my self from the situation imagine swearing and obscene gestures at an imaginary space. Once I came back I opened my folder and there they were sitting at the top...gah. Then after my exam yesterday, i went slightly doolally and started making up french words and literally translating everything think C'est ne pas mon tasse de tea....whatever I wasted half the exam trying to remember how to spell breathalyser (still spelling??) (ok, it was a interpretation vocab exam....with such words as Water hyacinth....Un Jacinthe d'eau and a Weevel...Un Charanson).. basically my interpretation lecturer likes odd words....Then I had my hour lunch in the sun and then realised was beetroot coloured and had marks from where i had been sitting...punishment for not realising sun cream was already needed (Oh I'm not complaing about the weather though)..

2 comments:

judyb said...

Good grief, Em! Deep breathing definitely sounds in order. :)

Unknown said...

Wow... that vocabulary interpretation exam sounds HORRIBLE. Why would you NEED to know how to say "water hyacinth"in French? I don't even know what it is in English, other than some type of flower... une fleur quelconque...? ;) At least it's over.