Sunday 27 April 2008

Plans

So it isn't long until I will be saying farewell to Portsmouth and moving 'home', when I say home, it is where i grew up but as my parents live in France I have no family there. I don't know why I have decided to go back to Falmouth but I guess it is where for the moment my heart lies, plus Marks parents live there and I have made him move around quite a bit....and he really wants to go back.

However, it has been decided that although we will stay with his parents for the first couple of months, andI will then move out (because living with his parents is my idea of hell, and it doesn't matter how nice they are to me!). I'm going to move in with one of my closest friends, who has just been through one hell of a break up...think abuse calls, nasty letters and him pretending he was going to kill himself just so she would come round. She needs me after the crap of the past couple of months and she is incredibly happy about it (up to the point of having talks about pink kettles..oh yeh we are classy chicks!)I am pretty excited about it, but I feel pretty bad that Mark is going to have to live with his parents..... for the time being anyway. I think he was hurt when i told him my idea, but he is coming around to the idea and knows that there is no way he would be able to get himself out of debt if we had found a flat together, and that in arguments it doesn't get thrown in my face. (it makes me feel bad and people give me strange looks when i explain our plan...gah).

I however, will be commuting to Plymouth every day for my course which starts in September, a 4 hour round trip(train, train, bus)...but at least its only the first 4 weeks which are uni based and the rest is placements. The only time I have lived with out my family or Mark was when I was 18 and in France...with the assistant bitch..blah. So I'm quite excited about the prospect but nervous...which is ridiculous as I'm old enough to know better. I just hope that when we get back and he realises that I won't be there every night, that he won't get to annoyed about the situation but my other reason behind this is for me to be how I was last year in France and to grow out of relying on someone so heavily.....*

*this comment doesn't mean I want to leave him...but Girl Power and all that!

3 comments:

judyb said...

urgh, that commute sounds horrible! More power to girl power, though. Mark will survive and so will your relationship (if that's what you both want). Good luck in the new digs (do the kids still say 'digs'?)

Emily said...

lol digs...i haven't heard that word in years! We will survive...

judyb said...

You can count on me for that crazy hep slang :D